With the announcement of the Irish Blog Awards tomorrow, many people have been busy behind the scenes, not least Damien the founder of the Irish Blog Awards.
As I mentioned previously, the bloggers in the Irish Business Blog category are collaborating in creating a special report about business blogging in Ireland where we will share tips and best practice from our own experience of authoring a business blog. Watch out for that report in the next couple of weeks.
Yesterday the 6 finalists for the Business Blog category of the Irish Blog Awards met by telephone conference and we have recorded a podcast sharing our insights on the subject of business blogging in Ireland as a tool to build your brand online and as part of our marketing strategy.
You can access the audio here – you can either stream it from your PC or download the audio to your PC or save it to your MP3 player.
On the business blogging podcast you will hear our views on:
- What is a business blog
- what encouraged us to start a business blog
- how much time we invest in blogging each week
- the platforms we are using to host our business blogs
- the business benefits we have realised through business blogging
- how business blogging fits into our marketing and communications strategy
- how we have built traffic to our business blogs
- our personal perspectives on business blogging in Ireland
- what we wish we had known before we started our business blogs
- and one piece of advice we would like to others who are considering starting a business blog.
We enjoyed collaborating in this way and have decided to start a regular business blogging podcast where we will be sharing strategies and tips on the subject of business blogging and also inviting business blogging experts to share their favourite tips and business blogging advice.
Do share your thoughts on our first business blogging podcast by posting in the comments section. We would love to hear from you if you have found other strategies that have worked for you in developing your business blog.
And of course if you have any questions about business blogging, do post them and we will be delighted to reply to your questions.
Resources to get started blogging
Here are some recommeded resources if this business blogging podcast encouraged you to start blogging
- TypePad – the fastest and easiest way to start blogging today and referred to in the business blogging podcast and was how i got started blogging
- Andy Wibbels – a good friend and blogger extraordinaire provides training for the new blogger using the TypePad platform. Andy is also the author of the Amazon.com best seller “Go Blog Wild: a guide for small business blogging“. Do tell Andy you are a friend of mine.
- Sherman Hu – offers online turtorials if you want to useWordPress as a blogging platform (WordPress is the platform Biz Growth News is hosted on)
- Mark White – known as The Blog Coach can help you set your blog up – he is based in the UK and is someone I refer my clients to. He has been instrumental in helping me with my blog extreme makeover. Do tell Mark I sent you.
Thanks to the people who made the podcast possible
This podcast would not have been possible without the engagement of the 6 finalists in the Business Blog category of the Irish Blog Awards 2007:
We also would like to recognise the support of:
- Brian De-Alker of the Soundwave Studio who created the podcast
- Pat Phelan and hisAll Free Calls service which enabled us all to connect to our conference room
- Damian Mulley, without whose vision the Irish Blog Awards would never have been born.
Media note: The ‘Ireland Business Blogging Podcast’ was hosted by Krishna De and features the finalists in the Business Blog category of the Irish Blog Awards 2007.
This work is licensed under aCreative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. In the case of re-use or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. These conditions can be waived by permission from the copyright holder.