When you last made a purchase or a product or service, did you ask a family member, friend or colleagues their opinion on what you were planning to buy before you did so? Most of us look for recommendations as part of the buying process – some call it social proof.
That is why testimonials and endorsements are so valuable – people get to read, see or hear what other people ‘just like them’ thought of the product.
In one social media workshop I facilitated recently, one participant had made a purchase of over €500 in value only by reading online reviews.
Andy Sernovitz, author and word of mouth expert suggests that you should place product reviews in the following places, not just on the pages of your website or blog that are your online product catalogue:
1. Put them in your banner ads
2. Put them on your home page
3. Test them in different places on the page
4. Put them on product packaging
5. Put them in your email newsletters
Here are five other places you could place your product reviews – and do think about recording reviews not just in words on your blog or website, but in video format or audio format:
6. On your invoice template
7. On your business card
8. In your podcast
9. On your marketing brochure
10. On your banners at trade fairs.
Where else would you recommend that you put product reviews or perhaps where have you found have delivered the best results?
Each week I often wish I lived in the US as there are events I want to attend. One event that would DEFINITELY be on my calendar is Andy’s workshop taking place on 4 September and the 9 October 2008 in Chicago.
This is a very practical, hands-on programme with a maximum of 50 attendees. In one intense day, you will:
- Master the five steps of word of mouth marketing
- Construct an action plan that your company can start using the very next day
- Get the same training that big corporations (Microsoft, TiVo, eBay) have received — for a fraction of what they paid
- Know how to translate word of mouth marketing into real ROI
- Participate in an active, intense day of practical brainstorming (not boring theory).
Andy promises you will learn a repeatable, proven marketing framework that is easy to execute, affordable, and provides measurable results within 60 days.
I am sharing this information not because I truly wish I could attend. and as Andy is an online friend of mine as he’s also offered any one who books using the code “weloveoneoceangroup” a US$250 discount. Now how is that for word of mouse marketing! Note I am NOT receiving an affiliate or referral fee for this – I just truly believe in Andy’s work and how word of mouth marketing will help you manage through these recessionary times.
Details of the Word of Mouth Crash Course agenda are HERE
Register to attend the Word Of Mouth Crash Course HERE – and remember to add “weloveoneoceangroup” to get your discount.